Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Ihsan Abdel Quddus

 Ihsan Abdel Quddus (January 1, 1919 - January 12, 1990) was an Egyptian writer and novelist. One of the first Arab novelists who dealt in their stories with love far from virginity, and most of his stories were turned into films. Ihsan Abdel Quddous's literature represents a distinct qualitative leap in the Arabic novel, as he succeeded in moving out of the local into the global sphere, and most of his novels were translated into multiple foreign languages. He is the son of Mrs. Rose Al-Youssef, founder of Rose Al-Youssef magazine and Sabah Al-Khair magazine. His father, Muhammad Abdul Quddus, was an Egyptian actor and author.

 

Ihsan Abdul Quddus, the writer of love and freedom, controversial, admiration, love and romance, whose life was rich in events and creativity, in which thought, politics, journalism, love, prison and art met, and in which talk about the personality of a mother, Rosal Youssef, pioneer of liberation, art and journalism, with the biography of Ihsan Abdul Quddus Jr. The one who combined journalism, literature and politics, igniting political issues that sparked revolutions and wrote novels of love and freedom, which sparked controversy, enriched art, and carried thought that absorbed all the differences. 

Ihsan Abdul Quddus grew up in the house of his grandfather to his father, his father, the artist Muhammad Abdul Quddus, and his mother, Mrs. Rosal Youssef, founder of Rosal Youssef magazine. Ihsan Abdul Quddus studied at Khalil Agha School in Cairo in 1927, then moved to Fouad I School, and Ihsan Abdul Quddus graduated from the Faculty of Law in 1942, but the legal profession did not impress him. Founded by his mother, Mrs. Rosal Youssef, who was 26 years old at the time, but later left it and took over the editor-in-chief of Akhbar Al-Youm newspaper in 1966. 

Ihsan Abdul Quddus married in 1942, Mrs. Wahez Al Muhaili, and had two sons, Ahmed and Muhammad. His wife was completely out of the limelight and this was her husband's wish, a brunette of short stature, as he described her in one of his writings. He loved her very much and said literally, no woman could have shaken the place of him in my heart, if not for his wife's pseudonym. He also said about her, Lola, the chairwoman of the

board of directors of my life. 



Ihsan Abdel Quddus wrote more than 600 literary works, and Egyptian cinema presented a large number of these stories, including 49 novels that turned into films, 5 novels that became theatrical scripts, 9 novels that became radio series, and 10 novels that turned into TV series, in addition to 65 literary works translated into English, French, German, Ukrainian and Chinese. A number of his films were selected among the top 100 films in Egyptian cinema, according to the 1996 critics’ poll, which are: (Where is my life, I am free, in our house is a man, Empire of M). 

Ihsan Abdel Quddous won many awards during his life, as President Gamal Abdel Nasser granted him the Order of Merit of the first degree, and former President Mohamed Hosni Mubarak awarded him the Order of the Republic, and he received the State Appreciation Award in Literature in 1989, and among the awards he received was the first award For his novel: “My Blood, My Tears, and My Smiles” in 1973, and the Best Screenplay Award for a film for his novel “The Bullet is Still in My Pocket.” 



The names of Ihsan Abdul Quddus' novels that were turned into films are as follows: 

Women without men, God is with us, I do not sleep, the dead end, the empty pillow, the girls and the summer, in our house a man, the sun does not extinguish, a bridegroom for my sister, black glasses, three thieves, she and the men, holes in the black dress, the two women strike, the dignity of my wife, Three women, my father on the tree, the well of deprivation, my sister, and something in my chest, the thin thread, the sands of gold, a nose and three eyes, the empire of M, my blood, my tears and my smile, the agony over smiling lips, a forest of legs, where is my mind, the bullet is still in my pocket This is my love and this I want, nothing matters, I am neither sane nor crazy, far from the earth, oh, night, time, and I fell into the sea of honey, the swimsuit of the daughter of Al-Usta Mahmoud, and the investigation is still ongoing, the resignation of an atom scientist, I do not lie, but I beautify Virgin and white hair, so smoke doesn't fly, don't ask me who I am, please give me this medicine, the dancer and the drummer, days in halal, the cat is a lion, the suicide of the apartment owner, everything before life ends, before reaching the age of suicide, my dear all of us Thieves, Dancer and Politician, Days of Water and Salt, Looking for another way, Another kind of madness, and I forgot that I am a Woman, Bouquet of flowers (short film), Except for my daughter, Where to This child takes me, my love is younger than me, and there are 9 novels that have been turned into television series, the most famous of which are I will not live in my father’s robes, and it was exposed in 1995. Also, the series “Years of Misery and Love” was shown in 1998. 


Censorship began to interfere with his films, starting with the movie Girls and the Summer, which President Gamal Abdel Nasser objected to. However, Ihsan did not pay much attention to these opinions and sent a message to Gamal Abdel Nasser saying that the reality is much uglier than the movie. Film No Sleep, the censors insisted at the time to amend the ending by burning the heroine, to confirm the principle of the tragic end of the evil person. The film The Dead End was the end of the novel, the heroine's suicide, and the censors intercepted and made him change the end of the heroine's marriage. Also, the movie, My Dear, We Are All Thieves, was strongly objected to, and was suspended for two years by the Minister of Culture. Next to a film, so that the smoke does not fly, filming was stopped for a large period of censorship, until a grievance was submitted and the film was completed and shown in cinemas. 

Ihsan Abdul Quddus died on January 12, 1990, when he was 71 years old

Post a Comment

0 Comments