Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Bassem Youssef

 Bassem Youssef is Egyptian comedian, writer, producer, surgeon, critic, and TV presenter born on March 21, 1974 in Cairo - Egypt. He was an outstanding and intelligent student. He joined the Faculty of Medicine to fulfill his parents' dream and graduated from it in 1998. He obtained a doctorate in cardiothoracic surgery from Cairo University and worked in the faculty there as well as in a company Medical devices working on developing heart and lung transplant technology in America and Europe, and he did not stop there, but continued his success and obtained a license to practice medicine from America in 2005. He also went to Germany to train in heart transplant surgeries and assistive devices for the heart muscle and obtained a fellowship from the College of Surgeons Britain in 2006, and until this moment he was completely far from the political media scene.


The Arab world is characterized by great strictness in the media scene and cracking down on journalists and media professionals who have a bold and out of the ordinary style, especially when it comes to satirical opinions and black comedy in particular, Bassem Youssef began to appear through his own program that he presented on his YouTube channel after The January 25 Revolution through the Bassem Youssef Show program, which began showing on YouTube on March 8, 2011. The program presented nearly 109 episodes, with more than 15 million views.

 What distinguished Bassem Youssef’s program most is its use of simple tools at a time when it presented content that stole the hearts of its followers and achieved remarkable success that moved it to television screens on the most important channels, but Bassem Youssef’s success did not come to his advantage in Egypt, where restrictions were imposed on the program in a number of channels, to move his program from one channel to another, until it was stopped completely.

Bassem says " my mother and I quarreled 10 days before her death because of my discussion of politics in the episodes of the "program", and for all this time we did not talk. My mother died a year and a half ago. I traveled to Dubai and my father and brother came to visit me. A month later, my father had a car  "accident and he died instantly. My mother and father left without any premeditation.

 I resigned from medicine in the second season of the “program” and after the end of the program I was not encouraged to return to medicine because I was feeling miserable at the time, I did not get as famous in the United States as I felt in Egypt, but I am here doing what I want, I finished a project for a children’s book and present Stand-up comedy shows When I was doing stand-up comedy, I failed at first, and I came home crying, but I managed to succeed because I tried over and over again.

In my childhood I loved cats and was afraid of dogs but when I got older I liked dogs more because they make me feel unconditional love and make you a better human being.

My wife bore me a lot because I went through many stages of instability in my life and stood by my side and I am happy in my marriage. The secret of marital happiness adds to leaving your ego outside the house in order to make concessions for the sake of your partner and not necessarily in a bad way. The most important thing is to be flexible.

I love being a father as if I am reliving my childhood with them and experiencing the feelings of childhood with them.

I love the quality of kindness in people, for kindness is one of the beautiful qualities.

- The best moments of my life are when I carried my son and daughter in my arms, and another moment is the participation of the journalist Jon Stewart in the “Program” program when he was on a visit to Egypt.

The most difficult moments of my life, including when I bid farewell to my show, and when I traveled to the United States, not knowing what awaits me, and other moments of failure when I started working as a stand-up comedian.

I felt a wound in my heart when people I thought of as my friends turned against me after my last crisis.

I love my insistence on success and that I do not admit to despair and frustration from many attempts.

What I don't like about my character is that I sometimes think dark thoughts that cause me depression, and I have to get rid of them.

-Egypt is my country where I spent more than 40 years of my life, but the Egypt that I love has completely changed, and if I come back again I think I will not adapt.

I don't remember the last time I cried, since my mother and father died.

I have never regretted anything in my life because regret is a waste of time and feelings.

Post a Comment

0 Comments